Palliative Care | Home care in Taunton and Somerset | Care Wyvern
Care Wyvern believes in the importance of providing high-quality and compassionate palliative care and support for clients and their relatives, carers and loved ones during the end stage of their life. We believe that at the end of their life all people should be treated with the utmost respect, compassion and dignity, supporting them where possible to make advance decisions relating to their care and treatment and respecting their preferences.
A tailored care plan is agreed with all parties involved that fully takes into account the individual’s wishes, preferences and spiritual beliefs as well as their medical and social care needs. We ensure that our specialised trained staff provide comfort, companionship, personal care and nutrition throughout the entirety of the care package.
We ensure that our staff are trained to deliver high quality person centred care.We ensure that they are competent to specifically deliver end of life care that meets the National End of Life Care Strategy seven principles. These are:
- Choices and priorities of the individual are at the centre of planning and delivery
- Effective, straightforward, sensitive, and open communication between individuals, families, friends and workers underpins all planning and activity. Communication reflects an understanding of the significance of each individual’s beliefs and needs
- Delivery through close multidisciplinary and interagency working
- Individuals, families and friends are well informed about the range of options and resources available to them to be involved with care planning
- Care is delivered in a sensitive, person centred way, taking account of circumstances, wishes and priorities of the individual, family and friends
- Care and support are available to anyone affected by the end of life and death of an individual
- Staff are supported to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes. Staff take responsibility for, and recognise the importance of, their continuing professional development.
Specialist training is provided to staff through various means to enhance their skills and knowledge throughout their career with Care Wyvern, to continually better meet the needs of the people we are providing end of life care for.
We approach End of life holistically, remembering that “the little things that matter”
Care Wyvern is accredited with The Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), to provide End of Life care funded by the NHS, to people in Somerset. The quality of the care provided by Care Wyvern in this sector is consistently praised by families. If you woul dlike to discuss your needs please Contact us today
£500 Bonus for new Home Care Workers
New Home Care Workers can get their company pension off to a supercharged start. Care Wyvern will pay an additional £500 employer contribution (worth up to £625 inc. tax relief) into each new staff members automatic enrolment pension scheme. Payment...