Palliative Care | Home care in Taunton and Somerset | Care Wyvern
Care Wyvern believes in the importance of providing high-quality and compassionate palliative care and support for clients and their relatives, carers and loved ones during the end stage of their life. We believe that at the end of their life all people should be treated with the utmost respect, compassion and dignity, supporting them where possible to make advance decisions relating to their care and treatment and respecting their preferences.
A tailored care plan is agreed with all parties involved that fully takes into account the individual’s wishes, preferences and spiritual beliefs as well as their medical and social care needs. We ensure that our specialised trained staff provide comfort, companionship, personal care and nutrition throughout the entirety of the care package.
We ensure that our staff are trained to deliver high quality person centred care.We ensure that they are competent to specifically deliver end of life care that meets the National End of Life Care Strategy seven principles. These are:
- Choices and priorities of the individual are at the centre of planning and delivery
- Effective, straightforward, sensitive, and open communication between individuals, families, friends and workers underpins all planning and activity. Communication reflects an understanding of the significance of each individual’s beliefs and needs
- Delivery through close multidisciplinary and interagency working
- Individuals, families and friends are well informed about the range of options and resources available to them to be involved with care planning
- Care is delivered in a sensitive, person centred way, taking account of circumstances, wishes and priorities of the individual, family and friends
- Care and support are available to anyone affected by the end of life and death of an individual
- Staff are supported to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes. Staff take responsibility for, and recognise the importance of, their continuing professional development.
Specialist training is provided to staff through various means to enhance their skills and knowledge throughout their career with Care Wyvern, to continually better meet the needs of the people we are providing end of life care for.
We approach End of life holistically, remembering that “the little things that matter”
Care Wyvern is accredited with The Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), to provide End of Life care funded by the NHS, to people in Somerset. The quality of the care provided by Care Wyvern in this sector is consistently praised by families. If you woul dlike to discuss your needs please Contact us today
Covid 19 Update – 29th April 2020
In line with the extended period of “lock down”, the office opening hours remain at 09:30 – 15:30 Monday – Friday. On-call continues to be covered outside of these revised times. The office is also being manned by a skeleton...
Covid 19 – Update 2nd April 2020
Care Wyvern has received some feedback regarding the updates around people who have Covid -19. As you are aware, from the Government Daily briefings, testing kits have been very difficult to get hold of, and where there are test available...
Covid-19 update – 26th March 2020
Care Wyvern continue to have no confirmed cases of Covid – 19 within it’s staff or client groups. We still have a number of staff who are self-isolating as a precautionary measure, or, because they fall into one of the...
Covid-19 Information – update
World Health Organisation (WHO) Q & A information https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses Studies to date suggest that the virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through contact with respiratory droplets rather than through the air. People can catch COVID-19 from others who have...
Coronavirus – COVID-19 - Planning It is well documented in the media that the number of Coronavirus, or COVID 19, cases being confirmed is growing by the day. Although at the time of writing this, there have only been two...
BBC Somerset Interview
Our Operations Manager Tina East was invited to an interview with Claire Carter, on her Breakfast show for BBC Radio Somerset. Tina discussed the challenges and difficulties facing the Adult Social Care sector during the current Covid-19 pandemic. https://clyp.it/s4vut3bm Tina...