Care Wyvern aims to provide a service which is person-centred, enables each client to make their own choices about the care and support they receive, and accords with all elements of the personalisation of social care. On this issue, Care Wyvern adheres fully to the current policies on the personalisation of care services.
Care Wyvern aims to put clients at the centre of provision by ensuring that:
- care and support are based on the perspective of each client
- individuals have the right to choose how, when and by whom their service is delivered
- information about Care Wyvern is provided in ways meaningful to each person to whom services are offered or provided
- services accord with individuals’ assessed needs and expressed wishes
- risks are assessed according to each client’s wishes and capacities and not on a general formula applicable to all
- the privacy, dignity and independence of each individual is respected, taking into account their personal wishes and circumstances
- care and support are provided with due regard to each person’s age, sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, culture, language and ability
- appropriate support is provided to service users wishing to administer their own care budgets.