Natasha Completes Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
Last week we shared how several of our Home care workers completed their Intermediate Apprenticeship in Adult social Care, which includes a Diploma in Health and Social Care (For Adults) and a certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care, with Hudson Training. Well this week we managed to grab a photo of the girls with Tina.
Natasha( Tash) was recently nominated for Outstanding Care/Support Worker- Tim Catley-Day Award at the Care Focus Care Awards 2017. Tash came to us with little confidence but soon grew into a confident, reliable and caring Home care worker.
They all worked very hard over the last year to achieve their diplomas/apprenticeship, whilst providing excellence care and support to our clients.
The course includes areas such as:
- Communicate and complete records for individuals
- Support the health and safety of themselves and others
- Developing knowledge and practice
- Ensure their own actions support the care of individuals
- Equality and Inclusion in health, social care and young people settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Communication in health, social care and young people settings
- Principles of Infection Prevention and control
- Move and positioning of individuals in accordance with the care plan
- Understanding and enable interaction and communication with individuals who have dementia
The knowledge that they have gained whilst working and working through the apprenticeship is invaluable not only for self-development but also for the safeguarding of each of our clients. Care Wyvern has always actively encouraged self-development, through external training providers as well as our own in house training manager. In fact, Laura, Megan, Natasha B, Jill, and Nikki B have all gone onto working towards their Level 3 in Health and Social care.
It is not just the carer staff though; Dianne, Emma S, Jemma, Emma H, and Mira are also studying toward different qualifications.
Well done girls, you have all worked very hard.